Observation tower "Krähennest"
- Landesgartenschau Lahr 2018 GmbH, 77933 Lahr/Schwarzwald
- Structural engineering:
- Ingenieurbüro Andreas Wirth, 79100 Freiburg
- Holzbau Baumer GmbH, 79263 Simonswald
- Year of construction:
- Observation tower, made with six round column of accoya glulam
- 13 m
- Our role:
- Production of the six pillars
Scope of performances
The planners of the state garden-show in Lahr were inspired by the championship of birds and desinged their observation tower as a crow´s nest in the "Auenwäldchen". From the height of over 13 m, you can enjoy a unique view over the lake of the exhibition grounds to the city of Lahr and the surrounding landscape. But not only the view from and to the crow´s nest impresses, also construction and material convince. For the six pillars, accoya-wood was glued to accoya glulam and then milled round. The actual nest, which serves as the railing of the observation deck, was designed from robinia branches.
Pictures: Ingenieurbüro Wirth und Schaffitzel Holzindustrie