Viewing platform "Oberkassel"
- Landschaftsverband Rheinland
- die3 Landschaftsarchitekten, Bonn
- Structural engineering:
- Ingenieurbüro Miebach, Lohmar
- Year of construction:
- Overhanging block laminated beam in curved form, based on concrete-abutment
- length 9,40 m, width: from 4,00 m to 1,50 m, 24 m² total area
- Our role:
- Production and installation of the platform
The special feature of this viewing platform is the width of the block laminated beam of 3,80 m, realized with displacement. The grooved surface is made of European larch wood with weatherproofed characteristics. The wooden structure of this glulam-platform is covered on the upper side and protected against weather impact. It is supported by V-shaped steel profiles on concrete-abutment. The platform was constructed on an overhanging beam in curved form. Standing on it, you have the impression to hover over the Rhine valley.