- Trough bridge
- C.A. Freiner und Söhne GmbH & Co. KG
- Planning/project management:
- Dip.-Ing (FH) Erpo Wittlinger, Bad Boll
- Schaffitzel Holzindustrie
- Year of construction:
- Timber trough bridge with glulam structure and two cross girder levels. Metal gratings as decking. Horizontal covering with larch.
- 36,00 m x 2,50 m
- Our role:
- Structural calculation, construction work, verision
The timber trough bridge spans over a length of 36 meters. Two large glulam girders form the main construction and are supported by steel frames within the cross section. The glulam girders are protected from weathering by a lateral cladding with larch and a titan zinc sheet on the top. The special features of this bridge are two cross girder levels. On the lower level is space for supply lines and a shaft for maintenance. On the upper level pedestrians can walk through. Profiled sheet metal creates a durable non slip decking. A steel parapet with horizontal steel wires functions as guardrail. In total, in the whole bridge was installed 34 m³ timber that combines 28 tons of carbon dioxide.