Schwäbisch Gmünd, DE
- Timber-concrete composite bridges
- Landesgartenschau 2014
- Graf Ingenieure, Schwäbisch Gmünd (HBV-Brücken)
- Schaffitzel Holzindustrie
- Year of construction:
- Very efficient heavy duty hybrid structure, made of block laminated glulam and concrete. The concrete is connected by kerfs and glued in steel brackets with the block beam statical effectively.
- 25,00 and 27,00 m
- Our role:
- Project mentoring and construction
The statical effectively connection between the stepped block laminated girder and the concrete slab provides a slender side view of the bridge. The glulam beam is protected by the cantilevered concrete slab. The wooden part of the structure is offset to the abutmentes in order to achieve a clamping of the concrete slab. The inconspicuous stainless steel railing with horizontal cables includes LED lighting in the handrail.